To ensure the best voice quality with Ottspott, we recommend you a set of requirements for using our app.
- Google Chrome (latest version)
- Minimum 4Gb of RAM (8Gb recommended)
- A headset is recommended to provide an accoustic isolation between speaker and mic. Otherwise there is a risk of hearing an echo sound during the call.
- Most Mac or PC headsets will work with Ottspott. We recommend wired headsets with 3.5mm jack rather than a USB connection.
You have to verify that you have enough bandwidth to support simultaneous calls that you would like for your company.
The bandwidth per call is 64 kbps (upstream and downstream). This bandwidth is only for the audio traffic.
Also, if your users have many other tabs open this will be consuming bandwidth. To ensure that you have enough bandwith, 1Mbps per person with different traffic (audio and internet) is perfect. Example: for a company with 50 people in the same office space, we recommend 50Mbps symmetrical internet connection.
As different traffic on the same network can impact the audio quality, here are some other suggestions :
- Use a wired network connection, rather than a Wi-Fi connection. This will generally provide a more consistent and better quality network connection.
- Don't run any network-intensive applications on the computers, such as streaming video, or run significant uploads or downloads that might decrease the audio quality. Close unused desktop apps that might use the CPU %. Typical apps that could create network conflicts are Hangouts, Skype; Zoom or any other app using real time technologies like Ottspott does.
- Check with your IT dept to see if you can implement the Quality of Service in your connection.
- If your router includes SIP Application Level Gateway (ALG) disable it.
If you use a firewall, please open the following ports:
- TCP: port 4060, port 8081 and port 8082
- UDP: port 4060, range 10000 - 20000
Please also make sure to whitelist the following IP’s:
If you need more information you can send an email at email@example.com or ping us on the in app chat on our website or the Ottspott back-office.