You can activate a SIP account with Ottspott in the "Users" section, for each user we'll set automatically SIP credentials. To receive calls on your SIP account, you will have to activate "Ring users SIP acount" in "Number management" section "SIP settings tabs" for each Ottspott number you wish to manage on your smartphone.
Step 1: Activate your SIP account, then click on the "expand" button and keep your SIP credentials and configuration information open to configure the SIP software.
Step 2: Download and install Linphone softphone on your Android or IOS device.
- Open the app and choose "Use SIP Account".
- Fill in the form with your SIP credentials (STEP1) and click on "Login" button.
- A windows with an error message will appear, igonre it and just choose "Continue".
- Select your SIP account just by clicking.
- Fill the form with your SIP credentials (STEP1), on the "Display name" option enter your Ottspott number. Please don't forget to tick the checkbox "Outbound proxy".
- Great your softphone is ready you can place call but just still one more step to enable inbound calls on your softphone. Go to Step 3
Step 3: Go to the "Number management" section "SIP settigns" tabs on Ottspott and activate the "Ring users SIP account" option.
Great ! Now you can receive and place call on your mobile with Linphone softphone. You can make some inbound and outbound call tests to check if everything is OK.