- You must have the same user e-mail address in Zendesk as in Slack or G Suite to identify which user makes calls and log the right user name in the Zendesk ticket.
- You must have the end-user Zendesk with a contact phone number on E.164 format like this example for French number:
Activate the Zendesk integration :
Please note: This integration has to be done by the Zendesk Admin and is activated for all of your Ottspott team
- Once connected to Ottspott please go to the "Integrations" section
- Enter you Zendesk domain "xxxxxx.zendesk.com" and Click on the "Connect" button
- A Zendesk chat window will automatically open. Please enter your Zendesk credentials ID and submit.
- A second Zendesk chat window will appear. Please authorize the integration between Ottspott and Zendesk
- if you would like to log your calls in Zendesk Ticket you will need to create a webhook. Click on the "Expand" button for the Zendesk Integration and check each call action and each Ottspott number you would like to log into the Zendesk activities.
How does it look now with Zendesk ?
Now with the Ottspott desktop app, when you receive a call from a Zendesk contact, you'll be able to view in the Chrome notification banner the name and tag of your Zendesk contact. Also, directly from the Ottspott Chrome app, you'll be able to create or to update tickets just by clicking on the Zendesk logo.